Lawrence boasts a wonderful downtown area full of locally owned businesses!
It is truly a wonderful place to shop, dine, listen to music and mingle with local characters. From the local barber to swanky hotels, handmade candles to KU gear, the public library to the Lawrence Arts Center — downtown Lawrence is the heart of this community.
Some favorite events happen in downtown Lawrence – the Farmer’s Market, KU Band Day, the old Fashioned Christmas Parade, Summer Band Concerts, Festival of Trees and the Busker Festival.
- Downtown Lawrence
- Events Calendar
- Lawrence Public Library
- Lawrence Arts Center
- Watkins Community Museum of History
- Farmer's Market
Links to resources that keep the Lawrence community at its best – Volunteering, Recycling, Counseling, Health, Public Radio, and more!
- Local Grower's Guide
- Recycling Information
- Kansas Public Radio
- United Way of Douglas County
- Headquarters Counseling Center
- Independence, Inc.
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Dept.
- Healthcare Access Clinic
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
- Heartland Community Health Center
- Douglas County Dental Clinic